Welcome to the gpg4usb project
gpg4usb is a very easy to use and small portable editor to encrypt and decrypt any text-message
or -file you want.
Our aim is, to give anyone the possibility to send and receive secure encrypted messages anywhere -
on any computer out there, no matter if Microsoft Windows(TM) or Linux is running on it. Therefore it's
usage is self-describing, and the user-interface as simple as possible.
gpg4usb is free software, and it is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
If you want to give it a try, please get our latest release here or visit our download section,
get the files and unzip it onto your usb-pendrive... et voilà: you're done and ready to go!
New stable release 0.3.3-1
- gpg4usb-0.3.3-1 additionally contains a 64-bit linux binary now, so there's no need to have 32-bit compatibility
libraries installed on a 64-bit linux system anymore
- this release contains japanese translation, thanks a lot to Andoh.
- we changed the behaviour of the "remove double linebreaks"-action. It doesn't filter GPG-headers anymore
- we updated the included GnuPG-binaries from 1.4.16 to 1.4.18 for fixing some security issues (have a look at the changelog of GnuPG 1.4.17 and 1.4.18).
You may download gpg4usb-0.3.3-1
New alpha release 0.4
This release additionally contains binaries for MacOS. But since we had to rewrite the whole core, this release needs a lot of testing. So, if you want to be sure, better get the stable release. If you want to have a look what is planned for the release when it is finished have a look on our TODO-List.
Changes in this release till now:
- added encrypt to self functionality, so that every message additionally is encrypted for the choosen key
- added find widget
- added posibility to change path of keydb for using the keydb of other applications
- show key details in an extra tab, not in a window
- added refresh key from keyserver
- added upload key to keyserver
- added possiblity to add/remove keyservers
- added posibility for creating RSA-keys
- removed key management and integrated these functionalities in main window
You may download gpg4usb-0.4-alpha
Some people told us that they like gpg4usb and would want to donate. We are happy if you enjoy gpg4usb,
and about your feedback. If you want to donate we would be happy if you support
Frontlinedefenders, as they could do better things with the
money, and, you know, they provided us with the mac mini :). You could also take part in the fund raising campaign for gnupg on goteo.org if you have some money to spend.